Singapore Dependent Visa

A Singapore dependent visa is a family relocation visa given to unmarried children below 21 years and spouse. For each eligible family member a separate dependent pass must be filed.

Dependent visa holder status in Singapore tied to status of main work pass holder. As long as the work pass holder employed in Singapore the dependent visa holder is eligible to live in the country.

Who can apply?

Unmarried children below 21 years age of work pass holders and spouse are eligible to apply for dependent pass. If an employment pass holders baby is born in Singapore the parents must report to the ICA (immigration and checkpoints authority) with the letter given by hospital to obtain short term visa for the baby. Therefore this visa is valid for 42 days. During this the application for dependent pass can be submitted.

Required documents:

  • Salary details of recent employment
  • Recent passport size photo
  • For child birth certificate
  • Official marriage certificate for spouse
  • Copy of personal particular page of passport
  • If the child is adopted a copy of adoption certificate
  • Educational details of the dependent pass applicant

Application procedure:

Dependent visa application and supporting documents can be submitted together with the EP (employment pass) application. Just like employment application dependent application must also be sponsored by employer of the employment pass holder.

Once the family visa is approved IPA (In-principal approval) letter will be issued. The dependent pass candidate must be in Singapore in order to collect the pass. For this there are few documents required at the time of collecting dependent pass:

  • Passport size photograph
  • IPA letter
  • Passport with at least two blank pages
Other documents are requested in the IPA i.e. medical reports, disembarkation/embarkation card etc.

Embassy Charge:

Stage 1 - $60 fee for each application

Stage 2 - $150 for each pass.

Quick Enquiry

free hit counters
Chat live now
Got a Question?
Chat with our Visa Expert