Canada Open Work Permit

A number of individuals make their way to Maple Leaf nation - Canada, to eagerly explore a fresh life. Canada is suitably backed by a high standard of living and top medical structure.  Being a land of myriad opportunities, the country has so much to offer for skilled immigrants. And, there is no wonder, why immigrants have excellent future in Canada. The country is the second-largest nation in the world and top destination preferred by people for immigration. Even the Canadian government welcomes overseas nationals to work and reside in Canada.

Under the Canada immigration rules, common-law partners or spouses of temporary overseas employees or students, who would like to work in Canada along with their partners, should apply for Canada open work permit. This permit is also accessible through Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for overseas students.

Canada Open Work Permit

This is a work permit that is not job-specific. As, it is not job-specific, applicants will not require:

·         Any authorization from Employment & Social Development Canada i.e. LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment) or

·         A prior job offer and

·         To pay any employer compliance fee to CIC

In most of the cases, applicants have to pay the open work permit holder fee together with work permit fee.

Eligibility criteria

Individuals can apply for this visa if they belong to any of the following categories:

·         Applicant must be already working in Canada and his or her PR application has received a positive assessment under Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) or humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

·         Applicant can also be eligible if his or her family members hold a PR visa status under any of aforesaid visa programs.

·         Applicant must be already in Canada and applied for PR through the Family Class

·         Applicant should have required work experience as well as applied for PR under the Live-in Caregiver Program.

·         Applicant must be a spouse or common-law partner of skilled worker or overseas student.

·         Applicant should have temporary resident permit valid for minimum period of six months.

·         Applicant must be participating in Canada World Youth Program or Working Holiday category.

·         Applicant must be a family member of foreign representative or foreign military member working in Canada or professional athlete.

If you abide by any of the above criteria, you can apply for Canada Open work permit.

Quick Enquiry

free hit counters
Chat live now
Got a Question?
Chat with our Visa Expert