Australia Student Visa

Australia is one among the most striking and diverse nation on earth. With unique flora and fauna, eye-catching coastlines, active, modern cities and iconic landmarks, the country attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors every year. Australian universities, as well as educational institutions are placed high in world rankings with an excellent reputation for research. While studying in Australia individuals can attain a global accredited education. Yearly, Australia receives a large number of international students from every nook and corner of the world. However, overseas nationals who are planning to study in Australia need to obtain an Australian student visa.

Australian student visa

Australia student visa is a short-term resident visa that enables international students to study and reside in Australia for a certain period. Study visas to Australia are classified into various types based on individual’s course of education. The following are the courses and respective visa programs for Australia:

Higher education visas

This type of visa is categorized into two visa subclasses such as:

·         Higher education sector subclass 573 and

·         Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574)

For higher education sector subclass 573, individuals must be enrolled as a student in the following registered courses:

·         Bachelor or Associate degree

·         Graduate certificate or graduate diploma

·         Masters degree by coursework and

·         Higher education diploma or advanced diploma

For Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574) individuals must be enrolled as a student in a registered course for the award of master’s degree by research or a doctoral degree.

Vocational Education and Training Sector visa (subclass 572)

In order to get this visa, individuals must enroll as a student in a registered vocational education and training course or must enroll as a student in a registered course for the advanced diploma.       

Independent ELICOS Sector visa (subclass 570)

Individuals who are planning to enroll in a registered ELICOS (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students, can apply for this visa

Schools Sector visa (subclass 571)

This visa is designed for international students who would like to enroll as a student at a primary or secondary school or take part in a secondary school exchange program.

Aforesaid, visa programs are some of the student visa programs that enable international students to study their intended courses in Australia.

Quick Enquiry

free hit counters
Chat live now
Got a Question?
Chat with our Visa Expert