United Kingdom is the one of the prominent destinations for foreign nationals planning for immigration. The country gained recognition as a center for foreign business with a rapid economic growth. People from across the globe are attracted to the living conditions and lifestyle of UK. Nationals from over 50 nations are living in UK and over 300 languages are spoken in the nation.
Foreign students are provided with superior quality of education. Besides, the colleges and universities are considered to be comparatively good. Culture and the environment of work is excellent helping people to have marvelous growth in their career.
Migration to UK for the purpose of work and study is made through five tier points system. The applicant requires to attain minimum eligible points against designed criteria to review their eligibility for a UK study or work visa.
1. Tier 1 visa for highly valued immigrants
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) is for people with minimum 50,000 euros to invest in the UK by gaining control over or establishing UK business
- Tier 1 (Investor)is for people willing to invest minimum 1m euros in UK
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) is for graduates of UK universities certified by their university restricted to 2,000 a year
- Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) is available for outstanding people working in the arts and sciences. restricted to 1,000 a year
2. Tier 2 for skilled workers
- Tier 2 (General) is applicable for workers having an skilled work offer and a sponsorship certificate from an employer in UK holding an applicable licence of Tier 2 sponsorship. The offered job has to be the one that is not occupied by a worker staying in the UK. There has been a maximum limit of 20,700 visas that can be given under this category each year Since 2011
- Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) is for workers of multiple countries who are being moved to the branch in UK. Applicants must hold a suitable sponsorship certificate from their employer.
- Tier 2 (sportsman)is for international caliber sportspeople aiming to reside in the UK for a long period
- Tier 2 (minister of religion)is for religious minister, monks, and missionaries and of similar kind
3. Tier 4 Students
- Tier 4 student visa is intended for students at educational institutions of UK. Some students are authorized to work for maximum of 20 hours per week while studying throughout term period and full time in holidays
4. Tier 5 Temporary Workers
- Youth mobility scheme : An individual form Japan, Monaco, Australia, Canada or Taiwan can come on a \'working holiday\' visa to UK and live life in UK while working
- Creative and sporting: performers, Artistsand sportspeople of international talent can come to UK for work
- Charity and religious workers is for charity workers who are not paid and missionaries
- Government authorized exchange program is for government authorized schemes intending to share their experience, knowledge in UK