Tier 1 Dependent visa

A large number of individuals migrate to UK each year for the purpose of employment. While the country offers varied visa options for education, job, business and others, there is also another visa category for people who want to arrive in the UK on Dependent visa. As UK follows a tier system, if your spouse or parent holds an UK tier 1 visa, you can apply for UK tier 1 dependent visa, to join him or her.

Right now, Tier 1 (General) is closed to foreign applicants. However, eligible dependants can still apply for UK Tier 1 Dependent visa to accompany applicants who have attained prior entry approval for Tier 1 (General). Effective 6 April 2015, Tier 1 (General) will be closes and applications to extend leave will no longer be considered. Thus, applicants who are presently in the UK and who would like to apply to extend their stay should submit their application on or before 5 April 2015.

Eligibility criteria for Dependents

To apply for UK Tier 1 Dependent visa, applicants can be either a

  • Spouse (Husband or Wife)
  • Child


  • A valid passport
  • Proof of application fee
  • Produce copy of personal information pages of main Tier 1 migrant passport
  • Copy of current leave to enter or stay (vignette or BRP) of primary Tier 1 migrant
  • Evidence of relationship for spouse marriage certificate and for child birth certificate
  • Proof of enough funds
  • If required cover letter from the sponsor or applicant
  • Undergo medical tests

Quick Enquiry

free hit counters
Chat live now
Got a Question?
Chat with our Visa Expert