Canada's Start-Up Visa Program is one of the most popular visa programs to migrate and settle in Canada. With the Start-Up Visa, the Maple Leaf nation is targeting new type of immigrant entrepreneurs who have the latent to build innovative firms that can contend on an international scale and generate jobs.
Why to choose Canada
Canada has geared up open its doors for business to the world’s start-up entrepreneurs. The following are the various reasons why Canada is known as a business center:
- A robust economy
- Low taxes and business costs
- Quality in research and innovation
- High quality of life
Minimum investment required to apply for start-up visa
- Individuals should make an investment of at least $200,000 if it comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund.
- Individuals should make an investment of at least $$75,000 if it comes from a designated Canadian angel investor group.
- Individuals do not required to secure any investment from business incubator. However, individuals should be accepted into a Canada’s business incubator program.
To become eligible, for a Start-Up Visa applicants should abide by the following requirements:
- Must obtain a letter of support from a government-designated firm
- Must meet minimum language prerequisites either in English or French language
- Must have completed minimum one year of post-secondary education, during which the candidate was in good standing in their educational institution;
- Sufficient funds to remain in Canada;
- Intend to reside in the province except Quebec; and
- Get-through Canadian medical and security clearances
More than five foreign nationals cannot apply for permanent residence as a portion of part of same business venture under Canada Start-Up Visa Program.