The US K3 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that is exclusively designed for the spouse of a US worker, to enter, live and work in the US while waiting for a Form I-130 Petition for an Immigrant visa. Such a Petition for an Alien Relative must be filed by a US citizen for his or her spouse. Where the family is a polygamous one, only the first spouse of the US worker qualifies for this visa category. The visa allows the spouse to live with his or her partner in the US. Their children can also join them in the US under the US K4 visa.


The sponsor must be financially capable of sponsoring the spouse in the US before making the petition for the spouse. Both parties must be legally married, mere living or knowing with the US worker for some time doesn’t qualify the applicant as a legit a spouse. To be qualified for a US K-3 Visa, the applicant must:

  • Have a US spouse (sponsor) who will be filing the petition.
  • Have filed a Form I-130 already and is waiting for its approval.
  • Be unmarried and the child of an approved K-3 visa applicant, if the applicant is under 21 years of age.

Along with the above requirements, applicants are to provide the following documents:

  • A passport valid for a minimum of 6 months after the last day the applicant intends to stay in the US
  • Two recent passport photographs
  • Two clear copies of a valid Form DS-156, non-immigrant visa application form
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate
  • A copy of the DS-156K non-immigrant Visa application fee
  • Form I-134, or proof or that you are financially capable of sponsoring yourself


  • The US K-3 Visa holder is entitled to enter, live and work in the US.
  • Can change visa status to that of a permanent resident.

Fee Structure:

The application fee for submitting a Petition for Alien Fiance is $325 USD and $420 USD for an Alien Relative.

Quick Enquiry

free hit counters
Chat live now
Got a Question?
Chat with our Visa Expert