The USA Fiance Dependent Visa (K1) entitles the holder to legally enter the US to marry his or her US fiancé. Both parties must have met before and intend to get married within 90 days after entering the US. The US K1 visa is basically a visa that allows a spouse to enter the US, settle and get married to his or her US partner. If the foreign partner intends to continue in the US after the marriage, he or she must apply and upgrade to the status of a Permanent Resident by filing a petition to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.


The applicant of K1 visa to USA must have previously met the US fiancé, and both parties must have agreed to get married before making the application. The US fiancé, who is the sponsor, must be financially capable of sponsor the applicant in the US. The planned married must be approved by the laws of the place the married is to be conducted and must show a willingness to marry within 90 days of entering the country. It takes about 15 days to complete the application process for this visa category.

Along with the above requirements, the following documents must be provided:

  • A valid passport
  • Civil certificates, like divorce certificates and birth certificates
  • Proof of the relationship
  • Proof showing that there are sufficient funds to cover all expenses that may be incurred during the wedding and their stay in the US


The USA Fiance Dependent Visa (K1) offers the following benefits:

  • It allows the foreign fiancé to enter the US.
  • It allows both parties to get married, provided the marriage agrees with the laws and demands of the state where it is conducted.
  • It serves as a pathway for the foreign party to get a permanent residence in the US.

Fee Structure:

The application fee for Fiance Dependent Visa to USA is $340 and $265 for the embassy fee.

Quick Enquiry

free hit counters
Chat live now
Got a Question?
Chat with our Visa Expert