Quebec province’s department of immigration has published guidance on the latest Quebec values test, launched on 1 January 2020 for all applicants.
From 1 January 2019, all applicants and accompanying members of the family need to obtain a Quebec values certificate as a part of their application for Quebec immigration.
They are able to do this by either giving an online examination or by attending the government of Quebec information session.
The Quebec values examination applies to the below programs:
- Quebec Experience
- Regular Skilled Worker
- Quebec Immigrant Investor
The latest Practical Guide is accessible in the languages of English, Spanish, French, and Mandarin, offering applicants with all the information that they will be required to clear the values test.
It comprises topics in 5 significant areas:
- Quebec province is a democratic society
- Quebec province is a Francophone society
- Quebec province is a secular society
- Equality between men and women
- The responsibilities and rights of Quebeckers
Applicants must follow various procedures to obtain the certificate as per their status in the province of Quebec.
Applicants and members of the family with a valid work permit or study permit:
- These applicants can decide to attend an information session prior to submitting a request for permanent selection. In the session, participation attests to the candidate’s values learning.
- Applicants who provide a request for permanent selection without initially obtaining a certificate need to pass the online evaluation or need to take part in an information session in less than 60 days of the Minister’s request to get the certification.
Applicants who have a valid work permit or study permit, but accompanying members of the family do not have one:
- The family members of the primary applicant can pass the online evaluation or engage in an information session only later providing a request for permanent selection and required fees payment, in less than 60 days of the Minister’s request to get the certification.
Applicants and members of the family both without a valid work permit or study permit:
- Applicants, after obtaining the Minister’s request for certification, need to first finish the online evaluation. Applicants cannot engage in the information session without having attempted to pass the online evaluation minimum twice.
- If applicants and members of the family fail the online evaluation later a second attempt, they can prefer within a third and final examination attempt or taking an information session. Applicants cannot select both.
Applicants are unable to receive the certificate in the prescribed time if their request denied.
Stay Updated with Zentora newsletters to get more updates and information about Visa and Immigration. Please fill our free assessment form to understand whether you are eligible or not and we will reach you soon with better options for your profile.