Registered nurses and psychiatric nurses were aimed in the latest draw of Labour Market Priorities which is conducted by the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (N.S.N.P)
on 28 October.
As the Labour Market Priorities Stream of Nova Scotia is associated with the Canadian Express Entry system, all the invited applicants were those with an effective profile in Express Entry. Labour Market Priorities Stream of Nova Scotia enables the province to choose candidates with the skills in demand in the province’s labor market, from the Canadian Express Entry pool. Only those who get a Letter of Interest from Nova Scotia can apply below this stream. Every Labour Market Priorities stream draw aims for those applicants with work experience in professions that face labor deficits in the province and invite them to appeal for nomination from the province.
Those who get a nomination from the Nova Scotia province will obtain 600 extra CRS points towards their CRS score. This ensures them an invitation to apply for Canada PR in the following Canadian Express Entry draw.
The 28 October draw is the 5th Labour Market Priorities draw being held in 2019. The former Labour Market Priorities draws have aimed carpenters, financial auditors & financial accountants, early childhood educators, and Express Entry applicants who can speak French.
Draw Specific Criteria for Nova Scotia’s Labour Market Priorities Stream
The applicants invited in the present draw must satisfy the below criteria in order to receive a nomination from Nova Scotia province:
- The principal occupation of the applicant must be a registered nurse or psychiatric nurse (N.O.C 3012)
- The applicant must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience as a registered psychiatric nurse or registered nurse. The aspirant must submit letters of reference from previous employers as evidence of work experience
- The applicant must have knowledge in English or French at a level equal to the CLB 8 or more in all the four language abilities
- The applicant needs to have a bachelor’s degree or need to have finished a study program which is of three years or above at a university, trade or tech school or any other educational institute. If the qualification was received from Canada outside, the candidate needs to provide an Educational Credential Evaluation (ECA)
- The applicants who submitted their profile in Express Entry on or later 1 November 2018 are eligible.
The invited applicants can submit a comprehensive application in 30 days from the receiving date of the invitation.
Stay Updated with Zentora newsletters to get more updates and information about Visa and Immigration. Please fill our free assessment form to understand whether you are eligible or not and we will reach you soon with better options for your profile.