Nova Scotia provincial Immigration has targeted social service and community service workers (N.O.C code 4212) in the latest draw by the provincial Express Entry associated Labour Market Priorities Stream.
The draw held on December 5 was the initial Nova Scotia Nominee Program draw to target N.O.C code 4212, for social service and community service workers.
Applicants need to have two or higher years of work experience in N.O.C Code 4212, a Canada Language Benchmark of 7 or above in the languages of English or French, and also holds a bachelor’s degree or have finished a 3-year program to be incorporated in the draw.
See below for a complete outline of the draw specific criteria of the Nova Scotia's Labour Market Priorities Stream.
Requirements for Nova Scotia's Labour Market Priorities Draw Held on December 5
It was the 8th draw in the past of the Nova Scotia's Labour Market Priorities stream and it is the first one to particularly target NOC code 4212 for social service workers and community service workers.
- Have a primary profession of social service and community service workers (NOC code 4212)
- Reference Letters from employers to show that two or greater years of full-time or similar part-time work experience as a social service worker or community worker in the prior five years.
- Canada Language Benchmark score of 7 or above in all language skills of English language or French language.
- Bachelor’s degree OR have finished a program of 3 or above years at a college, university, trade or tech school, or other institutions.
- Have provided an EOI (Expression of Interest) to the pool of Express Entry on or after 6 December 2018.
This stream was started in August 2018 to give Nova Scotia province the convenience to aim for specific occupations and applicants by the Nova Scotia’s Provincial Nominee Program.
Earlier, draws have also been managed and aimed at:
- Francophone applicants
- Carpenters (NOC Code 7271)
- Financial auditors & accountants (NOC Code 1111)
- Registered nurses or psychiatric nurses (NOC Code 3012)
- Early childhood educators & assistants (NOC Code 4214)
Please contact us at Zentora Overseas Careers to fulfill your immigration dreams and subscribe our newsletters for more information and updates about visa and immigration.