On 23 Dec 2019, the acting Minister for Citizenship, Immigration, Multicultural Affairs, and Migrant Services announced the launching of the horticultural industry labor agreement
with a tremendous 31 professions available, the most number of professions for any industry labor agreement by far. This labor agreement will be accessible from 1 Jan 2020.
Labor agreements have been utilized by the Australian government higher than any other to prevent skill deficits over a range of various sectors and industries as previously reported. Industry labor agreements are non-negotiable, template labor agreements for the industries where the official business sponsorship management cannot assist below both the Temporary Skill Shortage (Subclass 482) visa and now Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 494) visa programs.
Presently, there are 7 various types of industry labor agreements:
- Meat industry
- Fishing industry
- Minister of Religion
- Restaurant industry
- Pork industry and
- Advertising Industry.
Horticultural Industry Labor Agreement Details
As per the Home Affairs Department's official website, not only 31 professions are varying from Skill Level 1 to Skill Level 5, which is the weakest skill level in the Australian and New Zealand Occupations Standard Classification (ANZSCO), there are further concessions and a permanent visa pathway.
- A concession of a maximum of 10% of the Temporary Skilled Migration Income (TSMIT) Threshold, presently $53,900 per annum, and it can be shown those equivalent Australian workers are below the TSMIT;
- For both subclass 482 and subclass 494 visas, the English language limit is decreased. Visa appellants require to achieve a minimum of 5.0 in the complete band score of IELTS examination with not less than 4.5 in each part;
- Workers can be a maximum of 50 years of age when appealing for either a subclass 186 visa or a subclass 494 visa;
- For Skill Level 1-3 professions, workers can change to a subclass 186 visa after working for tenure of three years with their sponsor. For Skill Level 4-5 professions, workers will require to have clocked up for a minimum of four years; and
- Some profession skill criteria will be changed below the terms of the labor agreement.
Currently, all professions are open for concessions and pathways to Australia PR visa.
Stay Updated with Zentora newsletters to get more updates and information about Visa and Immigration. Please fill our free assessment form to understand whether you are eligible or not and we will reach you soon with better options for your profile.